FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quicktime movie reproduction - Audio without video

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julie Cornthwaite
Quicktime movie reproduction - Audio without video
on Aug 6, 2012 at 4:42:18 am

I'm using FCP 7.0.3 and am using it to edit short video and audio clips to use in a Keynote presentation. I am following instructions to the letter on how to export sequences to Quicktime .mov format and am ALWAYS selecting the box "Make movie self-contained" so that all the relevant info will be included to enable this to be played on any computer. However, this is not what's happening - only the audio is playing. It won't even play on any of the other iMacs in the office. It would appear it is exporting the sequences as reference files even though I am selecting "make movie self-contained" box. Getting desperate, very frustrated and would be grateful for some help here as I have to make this presentation in 2 days.

Return to posts index

Joe Garcia
Re: Quicktime movie reproduction - Audio without video
on Aug 6, 2012 at 8:42:55 am

I am no expert but ,, since you want it to go to KeyNote I would think that you can export to QT without the 'self-contained' checked so the extra info is not a concern. See if that will play nice on KeyNote.

JRG

JOE

Gen 1:1

Return to posts index

Julie Cornthwaite
on Aug 6, 2012 at 9:27:48 pm

Thanks for replying - have tried this and the clip doesn't play in Keynote on any other computer but mine.

Return to posts index

Joe Garcia
on Aug 8, 2012 at 1:23:44 am

HUH ??

OK,,, how about MPEG STREAMCLIP ?? It's free !! not an nle but you can transcode the clips to your desired compressor one at a time then thread them together in your presentation.

See what I'm thinking is to transcode them to something KeyNote likes better if there is such a possibility.

Sorry I'm not a KeyNote pro. but I hope you get this done. Good luck..

JOE

JOE

Return to posts index

Joe Garcia
on Aug 8, 2012 at 1:32:01 am

Hey I just saw a guy on YouTube do it with ease,,
noticed he inserted an MP4 piece of footage so maybe what you can do is
in FCP export the REF movie to desktop,
then
use MPEG to encode the REF movie as an mp4 to desktop,
then
insert that movie to KeyNote...

cheers
JRG

JOE

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Aug 8, 2012 at 1:44:22 am

First of all you need to know what codec to use that is compatible with your display software. Yes you must export your sequence as a self contained quicktime. Then you need to take it into Compressor or MPEGStreamclip and create the correct file format audio and video codecs for playback.

My guess is you have made a lovely self contained QT file in ProRes or something that other computers do not have the supporting codec so it only plays on the system with FCP installed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]