FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
paul gooch
Audio in FCP
on Aug 4, 2012 at 2:12:29 pm

Hi guys,

I posted this in the wrong area and was directed to ask Michael Gissing.

I was hoping that one of you clever chaps could help me analyse wether my recorded audio is repairable. Unfortunately it sounds as though each persons mic has interference. I'm only really looking for help about wether it is in fact repairable and some pointers in the right direction to fixing the issue. I'm attaching a audio file and hoping someone could help. I'm using Final Cut pro but can't gain access to soundtrack pro so a preffered fix in FCP would be brilliant.

Thanks guys for reading and taking the time.

http://f1.creativecow.net/4489/paul-audio

Paul

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
Re: Audio in FCP
on Aug 4, 2012 at 3:31:01 pm

No idea how to clean it up (i would outsource immediatly),
but since it seems a radio conversation, just cut to the one listening instead of the one speaking, and you got a free effect making it a real bad radio transmission.

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pros

Return to posts index

paul gooch
on Aug 4, 2012 at 4:31:59 pm

Thanks for the rapid response. Can you recommend anyone who provides this service? I was hoping for some sort of filter? Anyone had any experience with this before? All help and suggestions are hugely appreciated :)

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Aug 5, 2012 at 5:50:43 am

Sounds like radio mics out of range and right on the edge of reception. I couldn't repair this with iZotopeRX2 tools and their is nothing in FCP to begin to address this. There are multiple issues - phase, distortion, noise missing bits etc. Collectively I would declare this audio unfixable.

Return to posts index

paul gooch
on Aug 6, 2012 at 9:00:50 am

Thanks Michael for the speedy reply. I was using the Sennheiser ew100 g2 mics. Every time I shot just one person the audio was perfect. As soon as I shot two people talking the audio becomes distorted. It was the first time I'd used these mics and followed the instructions as best I could. Perhaps the two radio mics cannot send a signal to just one receiver???? I only had one camera so could therefore not figure out where to connect the second mic receiver. The subjects were shot mere feet from the camera and receiver so I have no idea why they would distort.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of thing?

Thanks again for all the help

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Aug 6, 2012 at 3:27:10 pm

There's your problem. No, you cannot run two transmitters on the same frequency and tune them on a single receiver. You are hearing the interference of the two transmitters "fighting" and interfering with each other and of the single receiver trying to lock to one transmitter or the other. Make sure that if you are going to use more than one wireless mic that they are all set to different frequencies otherwise you will get the interference you experiences.

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

paul gooch
on Aug 6, 2012 at 3:34:34 pm

Great thanks for identifying the problem. I do have one question however. If i'm only using one camera with one audio in but two mics and two receivers, where do I plug in the second receiver? Will one receiver collect both frequencies? As when I sync the mic to the receiver I assumed I could only do that once?

Thanks again guys for problem solving and helping out a neebie! :)

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Aug 6, 2012 at 7:17:14 pm

What camera are you shooting with? Most cameras have at least two audio inputs.
If you only have a single input to your camera, you can always mix the outputs from your two receivers my using a small mixer or even an appropriate "Y" cable. Just remember that once they are mixed together, they can't be separated again. Kind of like mixing paint...

Don't try to use two transmitters and only a single receiver. You've already heard the results from doing that. Use both receivers on DIFFERENT frequencies.

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

paul gooch
on Aug 7, 2012 at 8:01:06 am

Thanks guys for the fantastic response. It's really helped. I'm using a sony hdr-fx1e and just couldn't locate the second audio in. Anyone used this camera before? The project was a rush job and I had to learn on the spot. I did manage to get some good footage and audio when interviewing one person at a time so all is not lost. Once again thanks for all the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]