FORUMS: list search recent posts

General error in Rendering

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Bigda
General error in Rendering
on Aug 3, 2012 at 5:34:13 pm

I keep getting a General Error when I am trying to render. I have no clue why this is happening. In the project I am using several types of formats. I am using motion, jpg, avi, imx 30 and photoshop.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: General error in Rendering
on Aug 3, 2012 at 5:53:15 pm

[Michael Bigda] " In the project I am using several types of formats. I am using motion, jpg, avi, imx 30 and photoshop."

That is why. FCP doesn't just work with any old format. The footage needs to be converted to codecs that FCP works with, like ProRes and DV/NTSC. And stills need to be under 4000 pixels on any side. All this converting needs to happen BEFORE you bring it into FCP.

If you want an editing application that does work with all these file types without the need to convert, look at Adobe Premiere Pro CS6. There is a free 30 day demo that is fully operational.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Bert Diercks
on Aug 6, 2012 at 11:21:45 am

You are probably using large sized image files, if possible scale them down (in photoshop) to an approriate filesize. Also try to increase the memory usage for stills, in the. Memory & Cache tab of the System Settings window. it worked for me.

Return to posts index

Michael Bigda
on Aug 6, 2012 at 11:56:17 am

It was actually a DV-NTSC motion background (not Motion program) I changed the opacity to 50% and thats when I got the problem. I also have several other motion backgrounds in my project that are from the same CD as the one giving me problems and those other backgrounds did not have any issue rendering.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]