FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color-correction intensifies on playback & export

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Headrick
Color-correction intensifies on playback & export
on Aug 3, 2012 at 3:31:01 pm

I'm using the Colorista Free plugin for FCP 7. Here's the problem I'm getting: when playback is paused, the image in the Canvas matches the image in the Viewer and looks exactly the way I want it to. When I start playing the timeline, however, everything in the Canvas suddenly looks darker, or as if the effects of the filter are being intensified. I exported a test to make sure this wasn't just a playback issue within FCP, and the export looks dark as well.

I can't adjust my filter to compensate for this without going through an excruciating trial-and-error process, because the results that I see when I adjust the filter are not the same results that are actually being applied to the clip! Is this a settings issue, or a problem with Colorista, or something else? I've used it before on previous projects, so I just don't know what's different this time.

Return to posts index

jerry wise
Re: Color-correction intensifies on playback & export
on Aug 3, 2012 at 4:58:39 pm

is your clip Prorez ?
is your "canvas" background set to black and not white or checkerboard.?

Return to posts index

Robert Headrick
Re: Color-correction intensifies on playback & export
on Aug 3, 2012 at 7:24:22 pm

Yep, everything is ProRes.

Canvas background is set to black. Another weird thing, the first thing I tried to do was trash the FCP preferences and reopen, which didn't seem to make a difference. But later I closed the project down and left for lunch (about an hour or so), and when I came back everything seemed to be working normally again. It's currently doing okay, though I'm not sure what I did to fix it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]