FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 Dropped Frames after trashing Prefernces

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Cooke
FCP 7 Dropped Frames after trashing Prefernces
on Aug 2, 2012 at 6:24:15 pm

I've read a ton of other answers for this same question. I was having issues after rendering footage so I trashed Preferences. When I restarted FCP i get dropped frames during playback. I am working with AppleProRes LT sequence settings match the clip. The footage is on an external Glyph raid. I reset capture scratch to that drive. When I open FCP now i get "External A/V Unable to locate the following External devices, Apple Firewire NTSC 720x480" i click check again and nothing. Please any help is greatly appreciated. I am not a super pro.

That warning was not happening prier to trashing preferences

The dropped frames issues was not happening prier to trashing preferences

Return to posts index

Jessica Muth
Re: FCP 7 Dropped Frames after trashing Prefernces
on Aug 2, 2012 at 9:15:57 pm

Check your user preferences. Make sure you don't have the "Report Dropped Frames" option checked.

There is also an option within Audio/Video Settings in the very last tab that allows you to report the External Video error.

Jessica Muth
jmuth01@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Aug 3, 2012 at 12:24:25 am

[Jim Cooke] "I was having issues after rendering footage so I trashed Preferences. When I restarted FCP i get dropped frames during playback. I am working with AppleProRes LT sequence settings match the clip. The footage is on an external Glyph raid."
And where are the render files?

[Jim Cooke] " When I open FCP now i get "External A/V Unable to locate the following External devices, Apple Firewire NTSC 720x480" i click check again and nothing."
If you donĀ“t have any FW external device (Camera or VCR), uncheck "Warn next time" when you get the message.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Jim Cooke
on Aug 3, 2012 at 2:36:01 pm

Render files are on the same external drive. Which I thought would be powerful enough. I unchecked the Report dropped frames which seems to have solved the constant warning.

Return to posts index

Jim Cooke
on Aug 3, 2012 at 2:33:57 pm

I did have it checked, thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]