FORUMS: list search recent posts

export sequence back to avchd camera

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
federico fornaro
export sequence back to avchd camera
on Aug 2, 2012 at 5:12:12 pm

Hello everyone.

I'm working in the broadcast news industry and I' ve a big problem with one of the cameras we using for news gathering in the field.
I would need to be able to export the FCP edited sequence back to the Sony NX5 (AVCHD format) camera in order to play the edited video trough the SDI output of the camera and send the signal to a SNG satellite fly and then broadcast.

With FCP I normally do print to video for tapes based cameras, or export to XDCAM while using my Sony EX. but I don't find any way to export a video from my mac book pro (Finalcut 7) to the sony NX5 AVCHD camera. This camera has not firewire for video stream input but only usb.

Any help on how to trasfer video files back from MAC to AVCHD cameras will be very appreciate.

My best
Federico

Return to posts index

Jessica Muth
Re: export sequence back to avchd camera
on Aug 2, 2012 at 9:17:16 pm

I don't think you can transfer it back that way. You would need SDI or some sort of Firewire to be able to transfer the video back to the camera. USB is mainly just used for Data transfer.

This is to my understanding.

Jessica Muth
jmuth01@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: export sequence back to avchd camera
on Aug 3, 2012 at 12:50:05 am

I agree with Jessica.
There is a PANASONIC AVCCAM Import component for Final Cut (to edit AVCHD directly in FC), but as long as I know there is not any kind of QT to AVCHD export component from any manufacturer. Neider I know of any kind of ACHD device with Video IN.
Sorry but I donĀ“t think what you want to do is feasible.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]