FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD to SD back to HD worflow

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Oliver
HD to SD back to HD worflow
on Aug 1, 2012 at 3:03:26 pm

I am cutting a huge project in FCP7.

Everything was shot using 2 EX1 cameras in 1080HD. We are talking days worth of footage, all multiclipped.

I rendered everything down to SD 720x480 Prores LT for editing....

My question is, and I have done this before, how to I relink everything back to the HD footage in the end to create HD masters of my edits?

I have cut several of these projects before, and doing them all in HD all the time is extremely bogging of my system, causing crashes, etc....

THanks,

-Ben

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: HD to SD back to HD worflow
on Aug 1, 2012 at 3:51:12 pm

How did you get everything to SD? I hope you used MEdia Manager. If not, this might not work out. Because to relink to HD files, you need the same reel number and timecode, and if you used Compressor or MPEG Streamclip or any other outside third party converter to do this, you are in for log hours of manually reconnecting media.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ben Oliver
on Aug 1, 2012 at 4:10:52 pm

yes, the Media Manager was used.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 1, 2012 at 4:14:07 pm

Then simply take the SD files offline, bring the HD files online, and reconnect.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Ben Oliver
on Aug 1, 2012 at 4:15:15 pm

Will that change my Sequence settings to be correct?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 1, 2012 at 4:47:55 pm

Ahhh...righto! No.

You will have to make a new sequence to match the footage. Easy way is to import a shot, or match back to a shot you relink to in your sequence. Make a new sequence, cut that shot into that sequence so FCP will make the setting match (in other words, click YES to change the settings)...then copy and paste everything from the old sequence to the new one (after you reconnect). Then you will have to remove attributes...select all the clips, right click and choose REMOVE ATTRIBUTES. Choose BASIC MOTION and DISTORT.

If you have any repositions on clips, or moves on stills...those will have to be redone.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]