FORUMS: list search recent posts

Log and Transfer creating duplicate clips with different names, not completing batch

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gabriel Diamond
Log and Transfer creating duplicate clips with different names, not completing batch
on Aug 1, 2012 at 2:27:52 pm

I have a batch of seven 32GB cards saved on a drive from a 5D markiii that I am trying to capture into FCP 7.0.3.

Latest EOS FCP utility is installed.

When I load the batch of cards into Log and Transfer, select all clips, and add to Queue the batch begins as normal. 12 hours later there are about 77 missing clips from the 700 in the batch. The little indicator dot to the left of the name column shows that some clips did not transcode. There are also a batch of clips at the bottom with ! marks. Selecting retry is not working. The system freezes.

Then I have to force quit FCP.

When I restart FCP and open log and transfer it takes about 20 minutes to load the cards.

Here's the question: how can I tell which clips need to be recaptured? If I select them all and select capture I would hope that FCP would only recapture the ones that were not duplicates, but I discovered it capture all the clips and renames the duplicates with a different file name which makes it nearly impossible to determine find duplicates.

What to do?

In the meantime, I am thinking of starting all over and doing one card at a time, which is a huge waste of time.

iMac 3.06 GHz
8GB Ram
OS 10.6.8
The "cards" are folders on an external drive, with the native file folder structure intact.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Log and Transfer creating duplicate clips with different names, not completing batch
on Aug 1, 2012 at 4:51:24 pm

Lots of people are having issues with Log and Transfer and the 5D Mark III. The Mark 2 is fine, but they changed something with the Mark 3 and that is causing all sorts of random issues. And since Apple has moved on to FCX, they aren't addressing FCP 7 to fix any of those issues.

You might have to use Magic Bullet Grinder for this job.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]