FORUMS: list search recent posts

OUT OF MEMORY ERROR, now bald!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nikki Brake Silla
OUT OF MEMORY ERROR, now bald!
on Jul 31, 2012 at 8:36:41 pm

so i've been combing through all the posts for hours and have tried everything and still get the "out of memory" error. which would be fine if i weren't under a serious deadline.

i'm editing on 2.66 GHz iMac intel core i5 and have already reinstalled final cut 7.0 to fix another issue and now i have this one.

i have 3 p2 cards worth of footage and was cruising along on my edit and now i'm seriously at my wits end. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: OUT OF MEMORY ERROR, now bald!
on Jul 31, 2012 at 8:37:54 pm

Any stills on the timeline? Using any plugins or filters? How much RAM do you have?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Nikki Brake Silla
on Jul 31, 2012 at 8:42:43 pm

hi
4gb of ram. no stills, or plugins, and one filter for 25 frames,(slowed a clip down)

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 31, 2012 at 8:46:35 pm

4GB is MIGHTLY low. That's what FCP wants on it's own, and the OS needs some too. You need more RAM.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Nikki Brake Silla
on Jul 31, 2012 at 8:54:04 pm

Drat. I guess the reason it wasn't a problem before was because I was cutting in SD

Thank you

Return to posts index

Michael Reiersgaard
on Aug 5, 2012 at 2:57:19 am

Just an FYI, iMac ram is very cheap and very easy to replace. I'm running 12 GB myself on my iMac.

Return to posts index

Nikki Brake Silla
on Aug 5, 2012 at 10:51:59 am

Thanks. Waiting for my ram delivery. Then I'll have 12GB instead of a pitiful 4.

Return to posts index

Nikki Brake Silla
on Aug 7, 2012 at 5:09:34 pm

so new ram is installed. 12GB total and still the same out of memory error. now i'm seriously bald!

HELP!

Return to posts index

Nikki Brake Silla
on Aug 8, 2012 at 4:43:20 pm

Hi,
do you have any suggestions? i'm running out of options here and even with a new timeline and nothing in the project i'm still getting the out of memory error.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Aug 9, 2012 at 12:37:42 am

There must be something in the timeline that is causing the error message. It is one of those annoying messages because lots of different things can cause it as Shane has mentioned.

Do you need to render? If so does the footage codec match the sequence settings (codec, frame size and frame rate?)

OK if all matches and no rendering is required, how are getting this message? Is it when you try to export a file? Your original post had almost no details of what you are doing when this message appears.

If it is during a render, then try rendering small sections at a time until you find the clip or clips that are triggering this message.If durinh an export, how are you doing the export. Again you can export small sections to isolate the problem clip(s).

Return to posts index

Nikki Brake Silla
on Aug 9, 2012 at 12:45:03 am

Hi,
I get the message as soon as I launch FC. I've tried with no mounted hard drive thinking that my files got corrupted and still get the same error. Have created a new user and logged in as that person. Same error.

Deleted preferences, reinstalled, turned around three times will jumping on one leg. Still the cursed out of memory.

I'm sure there must be something that I'm missing but can't see it.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Aug 9, 2012 at 2:11:59 am

Which OS version? I read you added more RAM but is the system seeing the RAM? There may be some other system fault that is at play here that is stopping FCP getting enough RAM to open.

Are any other programs open and hogging RAM? After reinstalling FCP did you fully upgrade to 7.0.3?

You might need to go to a Mac guru to look at your machine. Clearly there is a specific problem that my guess is hardware (RAM mismatch or bad dimm), possibly OS/ software related or all of the above.

Return to posts index

Nikki Brake Silla
on Aug 9, 2012 at 7:15:04 pm

was on the phone with apple this morning and after reinstalling the operating system it's now right as rain!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Aug 10, 2012 at 12:02:11 am

Glad you got it fixed and thanks for the feedback

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]