FORUMS: list search recent posts

Frame guidelines recorded to video..How to remove??

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nancy Womble
Frame guidelines recorded to video..How to remove??
on Jul 30, 2012 at 6:40:35 pm

My Sony HDR FX 1000 came back from repair with a new lens unit. It showed framing/focus guidelines in the viewfinder. I didn't think much of it while filming, but those lines are in the video. I cannot turn them off in the camera and do not know if it is possible to remove them from the video footage. I am using FCP 7. I have attached a screen shot. The footage is of a wedding, so it cannot be reshot. We use multiple cameras, but rely heavily on this shooter/camera for the artistic shots.

Let me know if you need any more information to help me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nancy

Return to posts index

Nancy Womble
Re: Frame guidelines recorded to video..How to remove??
on Jul 30, 2012 at 8:47:13 pm

Additional info: We went back to the source video and watched it via the VCR on a different deck, and the tape also shows the guidelines. We are hoping a composite video may not show the lines (the video was filmed 1080i 60p but client does not require BluRay).

If the lines cannot be removed, is there a filter that might help minimize the lines?

Return to posts index

Scott Sheriff
Re: Frame guidelines recorded to video..How to remove??
on Jul 30, 2012 at 9:19:19 pm

This can probably be fixed. Hard to say with 100% certainty from a single still. You might be able to do a bunch of fancy compositing in FCP and come up with a livable fix. But this is really Shake, AE or photoshop territory. The problem is it may not be cost effective to fix this. A lot would depend on how long it is and what there is to work with in the footage.

Scott Sheriff
SST Digital Media
Multi-Camera Director, VFX and Post Production

The Affordable Camera Dolly is your just right solution!

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." ---Red Adair

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]