COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
richard kroehling
finishing stage with drives full
on Jul 30, 2012 at 6:38:15 pm

I have two 2 gig professional G drives more than 93% full -- I am
starting to drop frames and stall fine cutting in HD and FCP7

my problem -- I now have three complex hour films on two drives -- and
the org totally sucks -- and now the drives are full..can't imagine reorganizing at this stage --

1. can I clean some junk off drives without fragmenting them? like
clean out 20% and/or...

2. Can I buy another 2 gig g drive and daisy chain three g raids together and continue to cut in HD
(without having any problems) ...what is the simplest solution -- I do not have to add many more big HD files to complete work -- thanks, Richard

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: finishing stage with drives full
on Jul 30, 2012 at 8:22:32 pm

The fastest answer I think is to buy drives and it's not like you'll never use them again, so it's not a waste. And it is safer at this stage than trying media manager. At key points of my work, i'll lay off the master program and key stems to tape, just in case. I actually wind up doing restores and edit changes to that archived safety master rather than the original project, it's just faster for the sort of easy little change orders I usually get.

The important thing is to try to impose more order on the export and organization from this point forward.

And yes, this is very much a case of pot v. kettle: my drives look like a mess right now and I'm having to offload older files to a NAS to make room for a huge project. In my defense, it's because I dare not erase anything before the clients do final sign-off, and THEY NEVER FREAKING SIGN OFF.

Whew, that was liberating!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]