FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating Slow-Motion Effect with P2 footage in 24fps timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Aaron
Creating Slow-Motion Effect with P2 footage in 24fps timeline
on Jul 30, 2012 at 2:30:02 am

I need some help here. First time I have tried to do this, so be patient with my explanation of what I want to do.

I have an HPX-170, P2 only. I want to shoot a 3 minute dance sequence - with two dancers - from one angle with no cuts. The idea is to "slow down" select portions of the clip when the dancers perform quick lifts or jumps.

I normally shoot everything at 720P/24PN. I would like the timeline to playback at 24P(ok, 23.98). I'm using FInal Cut Pro 7.0.3.

What I thought I could do is shoot everything at 60fps (at 720P/24PN), then using Cinema Tools, conform the sections of of the clip that I want in slow motion, to 23.98.

A couple of experiments:

Camera Setting : 720P/24PN Scene file 60FPS, Film Cam
When I log and transfer the footage, it is all running in slow motion at 24fps. The only way to run portions of the clip at "normal speed" is by using the "change speed" feature.

Camera Setting : 720P/60P Scene file 60FPS, Film Cam
I first edit in a 60fps timeline and choose which sections will be run in slow motion. I export these as separate clips(setting In and Out points, and adding markers) and conform to 23.98 in Cinema Tools. I then re-import the converted clip and replace it with the old clip in the timeline (to fit between the markers). Then I copy all the clips in the 60fps timeline and drop them into a 24fps timeline. And it seems to work!

Is that the way to do it? Is there a better way? Am I missing something here? Am I missing everything here?

Thanks,
Rob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]