FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't get XMF files to be recognized

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonny Cates
Can't get XMF files to be recognized
on Jul 29, 2012 at 11:29:14 pm

XMF File question

I have about (3) hours of HD video on an external drive given to me from a Canon XF 300. The studio that gave the drive to me, said I would need the FCP plug in to be able to read these files. I downloaded the plug-in for FCP 6.0.6 and it said it "installed successfully".

Question: Is this plug-in designed to read only from the camera or a card reader? Because I can't get FCP to see these files. When I go to import folder, it says access denied, or (1) folder recognized. I also can't find where this plug-in is. I always thought you had to physically place the plug in in the proper folder.

Thanks.....

Jonny Cates

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Can't get XMF files to be recognized
on Jul 29, 2012 at 11:32:16 pm

Sorry, the MXF format from the C300, and the plugin for that, is only compatible with FCP 7. The plugin doesn't work with FCP 6.

Besides, you use LOG AND TRANSFER for tapeless media, you don't directly import the MXF files. You can try, but I swear, it only works with FCP 7

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jonny Cates
on Jul 29, 2012 at 11:56:16 pm

Well, thanks Shane...it may not make any difference, but this is not from a C300, but a XF 300. I actually called Canon USA and spoke to "April" and she directed me to the link for the plug-in I needed for FCP 6 concerning this camera format. I was simply acting on what I was told by Canon.

But, alas, they don't always know what their talking about when it come to software versions, etc.

I have found a converter called Wondershare that seems to convert the files as needed. It does put a watermark on the footage until you purchase. But I have read other posts that seem to indicate the plug-in is all I need to do this. Maybe it does work on v7 only....Looks I may be SOL - unless I get the converter.

Jonny Cates

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 30, 2012 at 12:20:15 am

XF300, C300...XF100. They all use the same MXF format and file structure.

Not compatible with FCP 6...sorry.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]