FORUMS: list search recent posts

Edit suite set-up question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Smith
Edit suite set-up question
on Jul 29, 2012 at 3:36:31 pm

Hi everyone,

I started a video production business with a business partner and we are looking to move into a new (small) office just down the street from us. We currently work from our separate homes, so file sharing has always been a bit of an issue.

I take care of After Effects animation, whilst my partner edits on FCP. We both have iMacs, and will have two separate desks in the new office, but in the same room.

My question is - what is the best way for us to arrange the set-up so that we can share files quickly and easily (mainly large clips of footage) between the iMacs? The idea being that my partner can send over a clip of footage he's imported/edited, and then I can add graphics/animation on my machine using AE, and then send it back over to him for dropping into FCP. I would also like to send over animations created by me in AE. I thought about having an external HDD that we can both connect to via FireWire, but apparently it isn't possible to connect two machines to one drive? I'd like to avoid sending files over the wireless network if possible, as this would be quite slow.

Is there anybody in a similar situation who has found the best way to do this? Any help is much appreciated!

Josh.

Return to posts index

Jacob Lanum
Re: Edit suite set-up question
on Jul 29, 2012 at 4:20:22 pm

Connect the hard drives to one of the imacs, then connect rhe imac's via ethernet cable and enable sharing.

Goodluck

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Edit suite set-up question
on Jul 29, 2012 at 6:49:35 pm

Have both comps hooked up to the same network and file share or you then have to drag a file onto the FW drive from one comp, unmount and then plug it into the othe comp. or you get into fiber share and edit off the same raid.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]