FORUMS: list search recent posts

Client / Producer workflow

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Grady Smith
Client / Producer workflow
on Jul 28, 2012 at 11:00:44 pm

Does anyone have a good suggestion for a workflow with a distant client? I have been sending just audio tracks so they could concentrate on just content and it's a fast compression and small file.

I would like to send Audio but have visual markers as well for my notes, edits, etc. I have fcp 6 which, I don't believe has "export Marker List":( I know of third party digital heaven xml but trying to avoid that $. Any other programs for marker lists?

My only idea is to use the duration numbers of exported audio as reference points and have document with the notes on.

I probably just answered my question.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Return to posts index

Grady Smith
Re: Client / Producer workflow
on Jul 28, 2012 at 11:17:21 pm

Oh, and I only have markers in clips not sequences so that they will stay doing edits.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Jul 28, 2012 at 11:33:47 pm

I usually export a qt movie with a window burn for remote producers. Dropbox works well for this. Or better yet Sorenson 360.

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog:

Current DVD:

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Sandeep Sajeev
on Jul 29, 2012 at 5:15:07 pm

Check out Interdubs.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 29, 2012 at 8:56:24 pm

I'm currently working on a show that is shot in Virginia and throughout the country...main production house is in Virginia, one editor there, two here in LA.

They ship us drives with media. WE do cuts, and compress with Visible Timecode, typically 800MB or so, and send them back via Dropbox. Worked fine thus far.

Audio only...only works for radio and podcast. They need to see the video

Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved