FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 6.0.6 and Mountain Lion

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Kelly
FCP 6.0.6 and Mountain Lion
on Jul 27, 2012 at 6:35:15 am

Took the plunge and upgraded to Mountain Lion tonight. FCP 6.0.6 opens and works fine, in case anyone is interested. I did an upgrade from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion, with FCP 6.0.6 being installed and working on Snow Leopard prior to upgrading.

To see tutorials, articles, tips, free stuff, and more visit my post-production blog at http://thekellzone.com

Return to posts index

Steven Cohen
Re: FCP 6.0.6 and Mountain Lion
on Jul 27, 2012 at 12:28:39 pm

Nice to know.

Thanks;

Return to posts index

Christopher McDonell
on Jul 27, 2012 at 4:09:49 pm

Excellent. Thanks for posting. People are talking a little bit about this in the FCP 7 & ML thread below too.

Billy, did you perform a clean install of FCP after upgrading to ML? Or was it necessary?

If you come across any problems as you continue to edit, please post them. I'll do the same once I upgrade. Cheers,

Chris

Return to posts index

Bill Kelly
on Jul 27, 2012 at 11:17:50 pm

It wasn't necessary so I didn't perform a clean install. I seem to remember there was an issue with installing FCP with Lion because of the legacy Rosetta installer, so I didn't want to take the chance. I'll be sure to post any issues I run across, but as of now I haven't had any.

To see tutorials, articles, tips, free stuff, and more visit my post-production blog at http://thekellzone.com

Return to posts index

Noel Wilson
on Nov 23, 2012 at 11:14:07 pm

Thanks for sharing Bill,

I've been hearing the horror stories with FCP X and wish no part of it....last night my imac Hardrive went and need to see what options i have for a new set up.

Now we have no 'official' FCP support, i find The Creative Cow wanders into its element as a fine community for global sharing.

All the best from Hong Kong

Noel

Noel Wilson
Film Director & Producer
Rampant Films
Hong Kong & Asia Pacific

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]