FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hosting a Two Hour Play - securely

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Rady
Hosting a Two Hour Play - securely
on Jul 27, 2012 at 1:01:59 am

I completed a two hour play and I would like to Host it - either under my WordPress (with the WordPress video add-on) or YouTube...

Here's the challenge, I already see that I will need to break it apart into, say, 7-10 minutes scenes (maybe less) for fairly efficient viewing...

But this is NOT for broadcast!

I will ONLY want certain - select - viewers to see the work, for which I will provide a User ID and Password, so I can make the marketing rounds and see Who is logging in (and possibly shut them out if the viewing privilege is being abused...

Also, I would like to make sure - as best possible - that the piece can not be downloaded and re-distributed...

Any and ALL thoughts would be MOST appreciated!

g

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
Re: Hosting a Two Hour Play - securely
on Jul 27, 2012 at 10:45:27 am

Forget about it. Even if you host it yourself (so you can have an unlimited length, hosting is always vulnerable to ripping.
(most simple example, do a screengrab, or point a camera at the monitor.)
Only way to make it sure is to travel around and show the piece while you're present, on your equipment.

What is so top secret that you are afraid of abuse?

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pros

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jul 27, 2012 at 4:23:25 pm

You can watermark the video, but as he says, nature finds a way, you can't use a public internet platform and keep it private with any assurance of security. Unless each video is separately encrypted to one specific user, that seems expensive and extreme. Even then you can still just videotape the front of the screen.. If a human eye can see it, and someone wants it bad enough, it can be pirated. WIth individual encryption, when that user stabs you in the back and releases a pirate copy, at least you can trace it to the first person that shafted you. I would plant a couple of flash frames in a different part of each dub as an identifier of who's the leaker, and make each viewer sign an NDA with the understanding their breach can be monitored.

Return to posts index

George Rady
on Jul 28, 2012 at 12:36:20 am

Understood. I guess I'll just have to control it by limiting the number of people who can login and see it... nothing more secret than US military secrets... but it is a "play" (not a movie) and I am only passing this around to theatre companies that may have an interest in producing it... don't wanna give away the dramatic twists that make the Live Performance fun (and a broadcast meaningless, as the performance was shot by two cameras, one significantly less capable of doing the show justice... but needed because the prime camera kept cutting out and I needed to edit in a B-Roll... it's not pretty... but it DOES give a theatre company an EXACT idea of how the play has to be performed i.e. British Restoration, Upper English Accents, Stylistic Movement, No 4th Wall Asides... and FAST! They'll know after a couple of scene IF they have the actors that might be able to bring it off...

Any idea what - optimum - scene lengths might be? 10 minutes? 7 minutes? 5 minutes? Most is shot in High Def!

Also, no one responded to the other post... how can I append the 2nd Project to the 1st Project to make it one long Two Hour Project???

Thanx!

g

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]