FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multi Cam with seperate audio

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Troyansky
Multi Cam with seperate audio
on Jul 26, 2012 at 3:17:15 pm

Hey Creative Cow Members,

I've search for this but never truly found what i was looking for.

I have to set up a project for a 2 week shoot. The footage is XDCAM EX 108024p. During the course of the shoot they will be shooting 3 camera from time to time along with separate audio with up to 5 tracks.

So far i've been syncing the audio by merging the external audio to the video, then taking the merged audio and video and turning those into multicam clips.

Is there any way to merge 3 audio tracks to one clip without creating 11 audio tracks? For example i have a 10 minute clip and the external audio was turned off then on again. So I merged the 1st audio track to the clip and now i have 5 audio tracks (2 camera and 3 external tracks) then when i merge the second audio clip to the new merged clip (because the sound recorder turned off the sound) i get another 3 tracks bring my total to 8. Is there a better way to do this?

Sorry for the long post but i want the best work flow for editing. I want to have my video in sync with my external audio and then to work with multicam and also be able to play it all back in a sequence with footage that might not be multicam. Thanks for any help (I've done this in AVID a number of ways but it doesnt seem to work as well in FCP). Thanks for any help.

-Matt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]