FORUMS: list search recent posts

General error when exporting using QuickTime conversion with H.264 video clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victor Vazquez
General error when exporting using QuickTime conversion with H.264 video clips
on Jul 25, 2012 at 8:18:46 pm

Hello all,

I want to export the video clips in my project into uniform Apple ProRes 422 files but the H.264 clips in my project bring up a General Error message. Does anyone have any idea of the reason why I can't export these clips? I'm using Final Cut Pro 7. The clips were taken from a Flipcam and ended up as a frame size of 1908 x 1080 at 30 fps.

Thank you.

-Victor Vazquez

Return to posts index

Jessica Muth
Re: General error when exporting using QuickTime conversion with H.264 video clips
on Jul 25, 2012 at 8:30:28 pm

1908 x 1020 is an odd frame-size. Are you sure it's not 1920 x 1080?

Have you tried changing your sequence compressor settings to Apple ProRes? H.264s don't work well within FCP. Usually if you switch the codec in the sequence, it works much better.

Jessica Muth
Production Operations Manager
Video Labs
Rockville, MD
301-217-0000
jmuth@videolabs.net

Return to posts index

Victor Vazquez
Re: General error when exporting using QuickTime conversion with H.264 video clips
on Jul 25, 2012 at 8:49:16 pm

Thank you. I have the sequence settings set to Apple ProRes 422. I want to convert these H.264 files that are in FCP now into ProRes files so that they work better, but the General Error message comes up when I use Quicktime Converter. And, yes, it is an odd frame size. The other clips came up as a frame size of 1248 x 702; also odd.

-Victor Vazquez

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Jul 25, 2012 at 9:36:17 pm

Convert the files to ProRes in compressor or MpegStreamclip before you put them in the FCP timeline.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Victor Vazquez
on Jul 25, 2012 at 9:48:27 pm

Thank you.

-Victor Vazquez

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]