FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panasonic AJ SD930 drop frame issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Reiner
Panasonic AJ SD930 drop frame issue
on Jul 25, 2012 at 2:54:31 pm

Not sure if this is the correct forum, but here I go:

Using this deck less and less, but still have my huge archive of DVCpro tape that I have to occasionally bring in. I am on FCP 7 bringing it in through AJA Kona LHi.

Just recently the deck started breaking up the footage. It happens on any tape and at inconsistent moments on the tapes for maybe 5-6 frames at a time. Also, I never get drop frame alerts from FCP. I've attached a pic to show what it looks like. Audio also drops out. Could it be as simple as dirty heads?

Thanks for any help. Not sure if this is the correct forum.

Mac Pro 2 x 3 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
32GB Memory
Dual-channel 4Gb Fibre Channel PCI Express card
Dell Display (23" flat panel)
ATI Radeon HD 5770
AJA Kona LSi SD/HD capture card
Rourke 16 TB
Flanders 2460

SOFTWARE
Mac OS X 10.6.5
FCP 7
After Effects CS5
Boris Continuum
Sapphire Plug Ins
All Trapcode Plugs
Zaxwerks Invig

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Panasonic AJ SD930 drop frame issue
on Jul 25, 2012 at 3:40:47 pm

It's dirty heads.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Kevin Reiner
on Jul 27, 2012 at 6:00:37 pm

Thanks Steve,

Thats what I suspected, but I've ran a new tape cleaner through multiple times. It appears to help a little, but it is still happening.

The weird thing is that it also happens when there is no tape or when the tape is paused.

-Kevin

Mac Pro 2 x 3 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
32GB Memory
Dual-channel 4Gb Fibre Channel PCI Express card
Dell Display (23" flat panel)
ATI Radeon HD 5770
AJA Kona LSi SD/HD capture card
Rourke 16 TB
Flanders 2460

SOFTWARE
Mac OS X 10.6.5
FCP 7
After Effects CS5
Boris Continuum
Sapphire Plug Ins
All Trapcode Plugs
Zaxwerks Invig

Return to posts index

Daniel Cassana
on Aug 9, 2012 at 7:09:52 pm

Kevin, I know this might not be the right forum, but you might be the right person who can help me out to solve a problem. I have the AJ-SD930 deck connected to an new Mac Pro. I am using a 400 to 800 FW, since I don't have 400 ports. I can connect the deck and hear only the cue tracks out using a headphone. In FCP 7.x am using the easy setup for DV50 NTSC 24p. But I cannot make it work. I am not able to capture neither the video or audio out of the tapes. I even try a trial version of FCP X, but no luck. I am not sure, but it seems to be a problem on the settings for the cue. I read the manual and the engineer manual from panasonic. I change the 012 setting for the user, the 880 and 220. I am sure I saw a couple more settings somewhere else that needed to be adjusted. The FCP shows the status of the VTR as ok and I am able to control it without no problem.
Can you please tell me , what setting am I missing? I tried different FW cables and still the same.
Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]