FORUMS: list search recent posts

left & right channels = pan left and pan right

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexandre Brandt
left & right channels = pan left and pan right
on Jul 25, 2012 at 11:01:13 am

Hello all,

I have a quick questions concerning left & right channels in FCP.
Basically I record interviews with a mic on camera & a lavaliere mic, one on the left channel and one on the right. When I log and transfer my HDV footage to FCP the channels are separate (so it's not a "stereo pair"), however both are in "pan center" mode meaning they play mixed together.

I can obviously assign them to left and right, but is there a way to have it automatically programed to play each channel respectively on left and right ?

Thanks for reading!
Alexandre

motion pictures + storytelling = ?
-> FILMMAKING !

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: left & right channels = pan left and pan right
on Jul 25, 2012 at 4:43:00 pm

You can right click in the audio area next to the patch panel in the sequence and map tracks to outputs. So if all your audio is on track 1, track 1 gets mapped to channel 1, instead of 1&2, and track 2 gets mapped to channel 2, etc. Or some variation thereof. You can also do this in the audio tool. Open the little track panel on the left, and right click in there if I remember right. Might also need to go into audio prefs and choose a different audio output setting to have access to the discreet channels. That's the gist. I'm not in front of it right now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]