FORUMS: list search recent posts

Has anyone had experience of using FCP7, studio 1 or Studio 2 on the latest MacBook Pro?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derek Anderson
Has anyone had experience of using FCP7, studio 1 or Studio 2 on the latest MacBook Pro?
on Jul 24, 2012 at 3:29:03 pm

Also, experiences with the Express card adapter for Thunderbolt.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Has anyone had experience of using FCP7, studio 1 or Studio 2 on the latest MacBook Pro?
on Jul 24, 2012 at 6:46:04 pm

I've used FCP 7 with the latest MBP. WOrks fine for me. No adapter though...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jessica Muth
Re: Has anyone had experience of using FCP7, studio 1 or Studio 2 on the latest MacBook Pro?
on Jul 24, 2012 at 10:15:16 pm

I have not, but I would check the specs Studios 1 and 2 to make sure that it can run on the computers. I would assume that it would because I would imagine it does not take much processing for the software since it is older.

Jessica Muth
Production Operations Manager
Video Labs
Rockville, MD
301-217-0000
jmuth@videolabs.net

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 24, 2012 at 10:44:21 pm

STUDIO 1 and 2 might be very difficult to install. You will need to install ROSETTA onto the Lion OS in order to get it to recognized the installers. The INSTALLERS are PPC, but the software is Intel. Odd, but true. Studio 3 with FCP 7, the installer is Intel, so it installs without a problem.

The other two will take arm twisting

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jeff Meyer
on Jul 25, 2012 at 12:07:53 am

The FCS2 installer isn't an Intel binary, and the Lion OS doesn't support PPC applications. There's a workaround here:

http://www.jeremyjohnstone.com/blog/2012-03-11-installing-final-cut-pro-stu...

I can't confirm that it will or will not work, but you will need to follow these steps if it will work.

Return to posts index

Derek Anderson
on Jul 29, 2012 at 4:34:27 am

Thanks for all responses.

Now, how about Mountain Lion? Will it all still work?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]