FORUMS: list search recent posts

Some titles just not as crisp as they should be.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Taylor
Some titles just not as crisp as they should be.
on Jul 23, 2012 at 5:43:48 pm

Ok so I recently just compressed my project and burned it to DvD and some titles are just not as crisp as they should be. Here's the rub, In the beggining of this edit I designed ONE title and since then just duplicated it, gone into text controls, and changed the name's and positions.

It's simple Text over two semi-transparent colors with a small icon upper left.

My FCP settings are for DV-NTSC (found under easy set up, because were not shooting in HD yet)

I've tried bringing them all into motion, re-creating them there and saving but it doesn't seem to help.

Whats really throwing me is that some of the tittles are fine while others are not and there really doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to why.

Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Thank You.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Some titles just not as crisp as they should be.
on Jul 24, 2012 at 3:23:36 am

Use the search function and look for my Weiss DV. You'll find about a zillion of my explanations about the DV codec, color space, and the impact of interpolation on titles and graphics.

Bottom line - go to Sequence>>Settings and change the compressor to ProRes 422 and re-render the sequence.

David Roth Weiss
ProMax Systems
Burbank
DRW@ProMax.com

Sales | Integration | Support

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Bruce Taylor
Re: Some titles just not as crisp as they should be.
on Jul 24, 2012 at 12:57:10 pm

Yeah That helped a lot as well, that and went through them all and made sure the verticle position was an even number as someone else suggested, made a world of difference. Thank you for your time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]