FORUMS: list search recent posts

canon XHA1 : is there a way to view the date that footage was taped?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
finbar taub
canon XHA1 : is there a way to view the date that footage was taped?
on Jul 23, 2012 at 4:50:15 pm

Hello. I have some minidv tapes shot in hd and I need to find out what date (and time would be nice) they were filmed. The date that displays on my XHA1 while I am filming is correct, but I cant seem to find out if the tapes are somehow stamped with this info, and if they are, how to access it.

thanks so much in advance!!

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: canon XHA1 : is there a way to view the date that footage was taped?
on Jul 23, 2012 at 6:05:39 pm

If you pop that tape into a Canon deck/camera the time/date is embedded in there (provided the day/time where set correctly in the camera settings the day it was shot).

I'm not sure if you can see that information in a Log & Capture window in FCP, but it might be worth a look. But for sure it'll be there when played back through a Canon tape deck or camera.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
vimeo.com/ryanholmes

Return to posts index

finbar taub
on Jul 23, 2012 at 10:39:56 pm

Ive been playing the tapes, but i dont see any embedded date or time. Am i perhaps not on the right menu setting? All the other display data pop up, such as "hdv60", and the minutes left on the tape, but no info on when it was taken -

Return to posts index

finbar taub
on Jul 24, 2012 at 9:21:28 pm

Ive been playing the tapes, but i dont see any embedded date or time. Am i perhaps not on the right menu setting? All the other display data pop up, such as "hdv60", and the minutes left on the tape, but no info on when it was taken -

[Ryan Holmes] "If you pop that tape into a Canon deck/camera the time/date is embedded in there (provided the day/time where set correctly in the camera settings the day it was shot).

I'm not sure if you can see that information in a Log & Capture window in FCP, but it might be worth a look. But for sure it'll be there when played back through a Canon tape deck or camera.
"

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
on Jul 24, 2012 at 9:24:20 pm

Are you playing the tapes on a tape deck with output to a reference monitor (i.e. not FCP)? You may need to investigate the user manual of your tape deck and see if there's a menu setting for that info to be displayed.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
vimeo.com/ryanholmes

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]