FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 - ProRez 422, Audio Fine, Video Too Long & Cutting Off

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Graham Bessellieu
FCP 7 - ProRez 422, Audio Fine, Video Too Long & Cutting Off
on Jul 21, 2012 at 11:05:03 pm

Hi All!

First timer here, so please be patient. I've heard good things.

So I'm working on a project with Final Cut 7 on OSX. All my .mov files are encoded with 422, as to keep a consistent workflow environment. I went to begin constructing the film, dragging in my "Intro" edit. The clip is 5:37 long. I noticed the audio is the correct length. The clip is indeed 5:37. BUT the image must be running at a slow frame rate because it cuts out as if the clip ended at 5:00. If there were dialog (there isn't) I'm sure the talking would be out of sync. Meaning the time the image is on screen has been stretched somehow. If I open in Quicktime or VLC or Preview, the correct playback occurs. But FINAL CUT causes this problem.

Any ideas? I'm guessing something with the source-footage being encoded through 422?

Return to posts index

Jessica Muth
Re: FCP 7 - ProRez 422, Audio Fine, Video Too Long & Cutting Off
on Jul 22, 2012 at 5:51:33 pm

What is the original source footage? Also, have you checked your frame rate to make sure it matches? And have you tried rendering out everything you can?

Jessica Muth
Production Operations Manager
Video Labs
Rockville, MD
301-217-0000
jmuth@videolabs.net

Return to posts index

Graham Bessellieu
on Jul 22, 2012 at 6:13:07 pm

Source footage is VHS-C converted to MiniDV captured to Final Cut converted to 422.

Ah, I see the file is 30fps but it's defaulting to 24! Hmm...

What would be a good preset then, for 4:3 footage, but not wanting an interlaced NTSC?

Return to posts index

Jessica Muth
on Jul 23, 2012 at 1:39:53 am

Hold on. How did you really capture it? Did you capture the footage as a ProRes or something else and then convert it?

If your source material is actually 30fps, or even 29.97fps, just try switching your sequence fields to "None".

Jessica Muth
Production Operations Manager
Video Labs
Rockville, MD
301-217-0000
jmuth@videolabs.net

Return to posts index

Graham Bessellieu
on Jul 23, 2012 at 2:34:31 am

Footage came from various sources throughout the years. It wasn't a "shoot" , it's found footage. But all the source material is 29.97fps 4:3

How do I switch the field to None?

Return to posts index

Graham Bessellieu
on Jul 23, 2012 at 3:50:44 am

Never mind I see what you're pointing at. That's for the help. I think I've got it now! :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]