FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 install on same machine that already has FCP X?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randolph Benson
FCP 7 install on same machine that already has FCP X?
on Jul 21, 2012 at 12:44:38 pm

My work MacBook Pro (OS 10.7) already has FCP X installed but I want to put my FCP 7. I keep getting the confirmation "installation successful" but I can't find 7 anywhere! There are plenty of forum posts of installing X on top of 7, but not the other way around. Your ideas and/or suggestions would be very very much appreciated! Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jessica Muth
Re: FCP 7 install on same machine that already has FCP X?
on Jul 22, 2012 at 5:53:39 pm

I would try to rename the names of the FCPX programs (Final Cut Pro to Final Cut X, Motion to Motion 5, Compressor to Compressor 4). That way, when you install Final Cut Studio 3, it will install with the default names an hopefully not override or hid anything. And, of course, make sure you install it somewhere you know where you can find it.

Jessica Muth
Production Operations Manager
Video Labs
Rockville, MD
301-217-0000
jmuth@videolabs.net

Return to posts index

David Eaks
Re: FCP 7 install on same machine that already has FCP X?
on Jul 22, 2012 at 9:38:40 pm

I reccomend creating a new folder in the Applications folder, sticking FCPX, M5 and C4 in there and then installing FCS as normal and update it. After installation and update make another new folder in Applications and put all of the FCS Apps in it and then pull FCPX, M5 and C4 back to the root of Applications.

The logic being that software update doesn't recognize Apps that are in subfolders, FCP7 is not likely to have any updates so it's fine in a subfolder.

On the other hand, if FCPX is left in a subfolder you can still get the additional content (which would normally be downloaded via software update) through the menu FCP> download additional content.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]