FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't find FCP 7 Plug-Ins Folder in OS Lion

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Al Williamson
Can't find FCP 7 Plug-Ins Folder in OS Lion
on Jul 19, 2012 at 7:03:15 pm

I recently upgraded to a Mac Pro with Lion OS and migrated my original hard drive material to this new one via a Time Machine drive. Part of that migration included FCP 7 and when I start the program, I get a message that its looking for a plug-in (which I want to delete anyway.) However, I can't seem to locate the Plug-In folder anymore because Lion no longer has one inside the Library folder (which I can find by holding down my option key and using the Go access route in Finder.) I can find easily locate the Library>Plug-Ins folder on my older Snow Leopard machines but not on this new Lion machine. Does anyone have an idea where this might be?

I've also looked in the Movies>Motion Templates>Effects and there's nothing there. Nor is it in the Library>Application Support folder.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Can't find FCP 7 Plug-Ins Folder in OS Lion
on Jul 19, 2012 at 7:52:51 pm

They are stored in the MAIN Library folder...not the user one that you are accessing. Open the hard drive, then LIBRARY>APPLICATION SUPPORT>FINAL CUT PRO SYSTEM SUPPORT>PLUGINS

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Al Williamson
on Jul 19, 2012 at 8:16:14 pm

Thanks Shane! That worked! I knew I could count on CreativeCOW folks!

Return to posts index

Al Williamson
on Aug 3, 2012 at 9:23:46 pm

I replied back too soon: Final Cut Pro 7 is still asking about those pesky plug-ins. I looked in Main Library>Application Support>Final Cut Pro (there is no Final Cut Pro System Support folder) and nothing there. No plug-ins folder any where either. Any ideas?

I just want to remove the plug-in I never used anyway! Doh!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]