FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor is cutting out frames!!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emily Elaine Chiu
Compressor is cutting out frames!!
on Jul 19, 2012 at 6:22:32 pm

Hello

Using Compressor 3.5.3. I'm converting H264 960x480 animation quicktimes to prores LT 1920x1080 both at 24 fps. For some reason on certain clips one frame is being cut out of each shot. All of my clips have frame counter burn ins on them so easy to see that the last frame is being clipped out by compressor. I made a custom setting for the project with the frame size and codec and then put it on current fps and the frame controller off, then I did a test to change the fps to 24 in the qt options and still clipped the last frame. Any ideas on what might be happening? Also I used mpeg stream clip and it made the qts correctly but wasn't preserving the aspect ratio that I need so I don't think I can use it to convert the clips any ideas?

Thanks,
Emily

Thanks,
Em

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Compressor is cutting out frames!!
on Jul 22, 2012 at 3:41:50 am

I'd ask for other than h.264 as a source file. Can you get something better?

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
Re: Compressor is cutting out frames!!
on Jul 23, 2012 at 12:11:44 pm

It might be worthwhile putting the frame controls on and selecting the settings you need. I don't know whether that'll help but I have had occasions when leaving the frame controls off didn't do what I expected.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]