FORUMS: list search recent posts

Does anyone know how come when I add a new transition to FCP 6 my clip jumps?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danyel Mitchell
Does anyone know how come when I add a new transition to FCP 6 my clip jumps?
on Jul 19, 2012 at 3:43:32 am

This might be kinda hard to explain but when I add a basic cross fade or even fade in fade out centered on a clip, when I play it through it jumps/stutters or however you want to call it between the clips. When I add transitions it is never a smooth transition if anyone can help that would be awesome.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
Re: Does anyone know how come when I add a new transition to FCP 6 my clip jumps?
on Jul 19, 2012 at 12:24:52 pm

What codec is your footage? If its h.264 (ie from a DSLR or other file based camera), it needs to be converted to an edit friendly format first. In the case of FCP, ProRes is what you want. Just plain ProRes is fine. You can use MPEG Streamclip or Compressor to do if as a batch.

Posted from iPad, please excuse typos!

Tony Brittan
Island Shore Productions

Return to posts index

Danyel Mitchell
Re: Does anyone know how come when I add a new transition to FCP 6 my clip jumps?
on Jul 19, 2012 at 4:04:30 pm

Yes I shot with a dslr so I guess it is h.264, however I have already cut a lot and the product is almost finish it just need transitions. Can I still export as batch, compress, then export back to FCP?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
on Jul 20, 2012 at 3:35:10 am

Too much to type out on my iPad...and one the most discussed topics on this forum. Please search the forum and you'll find a wealth of info. Bottom line? All about workflow. Know your NLE and how it works, before you start so you don't run into these problems. FCP legacy has never worked with this type of footage. If you were working with FCP X, it'd be all good but that's a whole other story and tends to cause a lot of ire around here. Good luck!

Posted from iPad, please excuse typos!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jul 20, 2012 at 6:06:21 am

You can Media Manage the final sequence and recompress to ProRes 422. Then add transitions. You can also use this process to consolidate and make clips based on what you used plus handles.

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
on Jul 20, 2012 at 10:41:22 am

Now, thats a good idea!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]