FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editor

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rosendo Molina
Editor
on Jul 18, 2012 at 2:59:28 pm

Hello, I have an issue, a friend film an event with his Canon XHA1, with Sony Dvc tapes and he film the event in Hdv, now I cant even captured nothing, every second of footage that its being capture it will abort, or it will jitter and too, it will capture in pieces, and Im using my Sony Fx1000 for this, and I tried to capture it in, Fcp and Avid, any solutions guys, please respond, thanks.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Editor
on Jul 18, 2012 at 4:04:31 pm

DVC is not a Sony format, Sony does DVCAM. You have the deck playback format set wrong, at a guess. Try that and report back

Return to posts index

Rosendo Molina
on Jul 18, 2012 at 4:27:21 pm

Hey, Mark
I trying to capture via firewire on my Sony fx1000, but he filmed it on his Canon, so what are my options, and whenever i put the tape on my sony, hdv format appears on the display, Mark thank u.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jul 18, 2012 at 4:59:16 pm

Does the Sony have a setting for the specific codec the Canon used to shoot with? If not, you need the camera that shot the footage to get it olayed out into the NLE.

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
on Jul 18, 2012 at 6:09:43 pm

Sony's version of HDV is different than Canon's version (which is different from JVC's). You either need the original camera it was shot on (or rent one) or a Canon HDV deck that can read that format.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
vimeo.com/ryanholmes

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jul 18, 2012 at 7:28:20 pm

That's 2 votes now to go get the original camera.

Return to posts index

Rosendo Molina
on Jul 18, 2012 at 7:47:54 pm

Thanks everyone, I got the Canon and problem solved, thanks for the replys.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]