FORUMS: list search recent posts

Request for Assistance on Using Compressor for (multiple) Low-Quality Videos.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elliot Grimm
Request for Assistance on Using Compressor for (multiple) Low-Quality Videos.
on Jul 17, 2012 at 5:51:36 pm

Hello, I'll try to be clear and concise.

I am making a compilation video in FCP (v.7) for my work and most of the video's I'm editing are low-quality youtube videos that a prior employer converted from .flv to .mov (using H.264). After experiencing some issues, I've spent the past few days searching online to find the best sequence preset to use as well as the option of compressing all the files into a new, identical format. Right now, the videos are H.264, have multiple frame sizes (720x486, 480x268, 396x253, 640x268, 400x223, 606x303, 370x249, etc.), as well as varying Vid Rates (10,20,29.97,30,30.97) and even a few different audio rates.

Assuming I should use compressor (though MPEG Steamclip seems just as well), what settings and format should I use to convert and export these (20ish) files? Is there a Seq. Preset as well in FCP to use?

If you can help at all I'd much appreciate it! I've been pulling my hair out for a clear answer.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Request for Assistance on Using Compressor for (multiple) Low-Quality Videos.
on Jul 17, 2012 at 7:38:06 pm

I think you need to switch to another editing app. Adobe Premiere Pro would be better suited for all these files. And you can edit them in their native form. FCP would require that you convert all of them to an editing codec, and that they be typical broadcast frame sizes and frame rates, and since most of those are by far NOT in any way, shape or form close to broadcast quality anything...it's best to use something other than FCP.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Elliot Grimm
Re: Request for Assistance on Using Compressor for (multiple) Low-Quality Videos.
on Jul 18, 2012 at 2:18:01 pm

I believe most of them were captured from DirectTV (sd) using Windows Media Player and then convered. If I can find the original files that were recorded, is there a format (and setting) I should convert all the videos to? The end product will be shown on a normal tv, so medium quality is ideal.

I believe a few were captured using Snapz, as well.

THANKS for any help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]