FORUMS: list search recent posts

bug with Shure pg27 usb sample rate

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jean-Marc Froissart
bug with Shure pg27 usb sample rate
on Jul 17, 2012 at 10:56:55 am

impossible to set the sample rate (VO tool) to 48 kHz, the setting goes back to 44,1 kHz (default) ...

trashed prefs, restarted, not much better ...

reseller told me it's perhaps a limitation due to the processor speed or amount of RAM; but my config is 3,2 GHz quad-core MacPro & 8 Go RAM !

is it a Shure or FCP bug ? any workaround ?

thanks

by the way, this mike is perfect for voice over with FULL MONITORING (FCP tracks & talent voice)

Return to posts index

Jean-Christophe Boulay
Re: bug with Shure pg27 usb sample rate
on Jul 17, 2012 at 8:04:55 pm

Hi Jean-Marc,

Have you tried changing the microphone's sample rate outside FCP? If not, try closing FCP completely and open the Audio Midi Setup, found in the Applications/Utilities folder. What you see in there will depend on the devices connected, but usually you can set the sample rate for the device through there. That setting may very well overpower the setting in FCP. Then, you may be able to change in FCP, or maybe FCP will be "stuck" in 48kHz.

I've never worked with that particular device, but this would be my first guess as I've seen many similar situations with other devices. The mic may have come with its own control software also, where the setting could be changed. The manual doesn't mention this at all, so I doubt it.

There is no way at all your computer configuration is limiting your sample rate. That's pure bullocks.

IHTH,

JC Boulay
Technical Director
Audio Z
Montreal, Canada
http://www.audioz.com

Return to posts index

jeanmarc froissart
Re: bug with Shure pg27 usb sample rate
on Jul 21, 2012 at 4:22:17 pm

audio/MIDI setup doesn't switch "digital input" to 48 kHz neither !

even without any audio device plugged in

strange... any clue ?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]