FORUMS: list search recent posts

Strange video glitching in FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryant Bush
Strange video glitching in FCP 7
on Jul 13, 2012 at 12:06:20 am

I've been working on a local show for the last two years using my own Mac Pro 8-core 2.93 GHz Intel Xeon with 20 GB of RAM. About two months ago I loaded some video from my video guy's JVC HD camera, as usual, but this time intermittent glitches popped up throughout the video. It looks like the old digital beta tapes when you'd rewind or fast forward them, only not affecting the entire screen. There'd be blocky streaks of pixels across the screen or just a few in the corner or some other random area of the screen all lasting just a few frames but really messing up the look of the video. We thought he might have shot to a bad SD card but it was from multiple cards and he's used them since with no problem. I thought it might be FCP or Quicktime having a hard time with my machine but I've looked at the video with different programs and even on another Mac and the glitches always occur in the same place. The problem quit happening so we just didn't use that video but now the problem is back and this time it's with video that didn't have this problem before. It's an old project that I'm updating for another situation and there are those glitches. I can prove they weren't there before because they are not on the QT exports from that earlier project. So I tried exporting the exact video again, thinking maybe the QT compression was fixing it. Not so. The glitches are there and they appear inherent to the video, as if they were there when shot. Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]