FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blue artifacts after rendering

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lynette Gilbert
Blue artifacts after rendering
on Jul 12, 2012 at 3:48:13 pm

Hi everyone -

I sometimes do a slight color correction on some of my shots in FCP. The last two times I used the color correction filter, I ended up with blue artifacts (see attached screen grab). I'm not really sure why it's happening, since it doesn't happen on every clip. For instance, in the same project, I have a second clip, same exact shot, same exact filter, but no artifacts.

Does anyone know why this could be happening?

Return to posts index

Scott Sheriff
Re: Blue artifacts after rendering
on Jul 12, 2012 at 4:59:17 pm

What other fx are on the shot?
Some combination of filters do not work correctly when used together. This might be interaction to another filter/plugin on the shot. Sometimes rearranging the order helps, and sometimes you have to drop the offending filter, bake the shot, and then apply the offending filter to the baked clip.
Could be something else, hard to say without more specifics.

Scott Sheriff
Director
http://www.sstdigitalmedia.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." ---Red Adair

Return to posts index

Lynette Gilbert
on Jul 12, 2012 at 5:28:52 pm

No, that's the only effect. I do have a Motion file of a watermark overlaid. I tried to see if that was the problem, but I'd already deleted the filter so I could post the video. I added the CC filter back in ... no artifacts (watermark was still there).

I use the CC filter all the time, we post videos at least once a week, and this has only happened in the last two weeks. Same filter, same type of file, same watermark ... if it's going to happen randomly, I don't know how to troubleshoot it.

I thought maybe it had to do with part of the picture being too hot, but then I don't understand why it didn't happen on both shots.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jul 15, 2012 at 4:00:36 am

Make sure your peak white signals are legal (100 ire). You should be using scopes to check your levels.

Also use the 3WayCC. The older CC was flakey and there is better control in the 3WayCC.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]