FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro Studio 2 or Final Cut X?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jacob James
Final Cut Pro Studio 2 or Final Cut X?
on Jul 12, 2012 at 2:30:13 am

I'm considering buying a used Final Cut Pro Studio 2 or Final Cut X. Any advice? I like the way it seems color correcting is fairly good and easy in X, but since Color 1 is included with Studio 2....??

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Final Cut Pro Studio 2 or Final Cut X?
on Jul 12, 2012 at 4:45:47 am

Color isn't all that user friendly. It's VERY high end. The FCX color corrector is very easy. Not as powerful...but that's the trade off.

It all comes down to personal preference. Do you like what FCX has to offer, or what FCP 6 has to offer? Are you comfortable using FCX vs FCP 6? We can't tell you what you like. Know that FCP 6 is 4-5 years old...so support isn't there (besides us), and it doesn't work with a lot of the newer camera formats.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jul 12, 2012 at 5:18:48 am

Color was very buggy and didn't settle down until FCS3. I wouldn't buy FCS2 to use Color. Nor would I buy FCPX to grade.

If you want to go for a dedicated grade & edit solution, then CS6 with Pr & Speedgrade shows promise but early days and not yet fully integrated or bite the bullet and get da Vinci Resolve which has a really well feature free version or an incredibly cheap full version

Return to posts index

Jacob James
on Jul 12, 2012 at 9:27:53 pm

Thanks for the advice guys! I appreciate it!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]