FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Export Problems from FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Karen Avizur
Audio Export Problems from FCP
on Jul 11, 2012 at 9:28:35 pm

I'm having an issue exporting the audio. Basically, we're trying to export the film in reels for the sound designer, and when we export it, the audio is off by maybe 1% for some of the video but not for others. I thought it was because the audio was wrapped in 25fps so I used WaveAgent to convert it to 24fps, but we're still having a problem. All of the video is at 23.98 and all the audio is at 24, and the sequence is at 23.98. Some of the footage is ProRes HQ and some is LT though, since I messed up and the computer couldn't handle all the footage at HQ and thought, okay, I'll transcode some of it to LT and relink it later (aside from the fact that I deleted a few of the HQ files for space, I figured I'll retranscode them, but the colorist is relinking to the raw files anyway so I don't think I need to). I'm wondering if the difference between LT and HQ in one sequence, even if it's rendered, could be causing our audio problems? If you know what's wrong, please post here or you can email me at karenvideoeditor@gmail.com. Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Audio Export Problems from FCP
on Jul 12, 2012 at 12:42:32 am

Not sure how you can have audio wrapped in 25fps. LT or HQ makes no difference to audio, only picture data compression.

Are you exporting an OMF? If you have used 24 frame material in 23.98 then everything is .1% slower. If it is in sync in FCP then expect the OMF to sync to the quicktime video you export from that timeline.

In sound post it doesn't matter if the sequence is 24 or 23.98 as both the video and the QT movie will still sync.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]