FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 Canvas Glitch on 1024x576 Footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Wood
FCP 7 Canvas Glitch on 1024x576 Footage
on Jul 11, 2012 at 2:48:08 pm

Hello there,

We often have to work with multiple formats of footage on a timeline but we try to keep the HDV footage looking its best and upscale any SD footage that are mixed in with it.

I have recently upgraded a mac from FCP 5 to FCP 7 (We needed to avoid X so we could continue working with the thousands of old projects). Suddenly the canvas glitches when playing through unrendered square pixel 1024x576 footage that was placed into a HDV 1080i 50 timeline. Upscaled 720x576 footage in a 1080i 50 format works fine.

I know the workflow was probably not the optimum and using 1024x576 footage is probably frowned upon but the fact is we never had a problem in FCP 5, all the unrendered footage played fine in the canvas regardless of its formatting but now we get a terrible split-screen style glitch with FCP7 where the main image is squashed to the left and the right side of the canvas it plays random screwed up images with occasional flashes of colour.

Once the timeline is fully rendered all is well and the videos export fine without the glitch so its purely a canvas preview problem it seems.

Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone have any ideas about dealing with it or must we convert all our old footage into something more manageable?

Any thoughts are much appreciated, thankyou

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved