FORUMS: list search recent posts

Output Video Darkens During Text Onscreen

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicklaus Greggsen
Output Video Darkens During Text Onscreen
on Jul 10, 2012 at 10:45:25 pm

This is one I haven't found anything on the internet about --

I produce instructional videos and use the OUTLINE TEXT function (I am using Final Cut Pro 7, FYI). When the text appears onscreen, right at the cut where the text starts, the video gets perceptibly darker. I can't figure out why, as this isn't the case when viewing the video in the canvas viewer.

Anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it? I export my finished videos using Quicktime Conversion to 1080p resolution using AAC audio compression and use the Quicktime ProRes 422 [hq] codec.

I'm at my wits end here and my employer really wants me to resolve the issue.

Return to posts index

Nicklaus Greggsen
Re: Output Video Darkens During Text Onscreen
on Jul 11, 2012 at 8:44:09 pm

Anyone have any input?? I'm dying here.

Whenever the text effect comes in, the screen visibly darkens when viewing the video i've exported, while in the canvas viewer the video never did any such thing. please help. :(

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jul 12, 2012 at 12:55:00 am

What is the source codec from camera and the sequence settings you are using.

What you are exporting is weird but more on that later

Return to posts index

Nicklaus Greggsen
on Jul 12, 2012 at 4:34:21 pm

here's my workflow - I am recording in full HD at "60p", which as I understand really isn't 60p in reality - but thats not important.

The camera I'm using is a Sony HDR-CX580V (and prior to that a CX560V). I convert the .mts files the camera records into .mp4 files via handbrake, 1920x1080, whenever possible using the ProRes422(HQ) codec or H.264, then run that through MPEG Streamclip

Then I import the footage into FCP 7, do my editing, then when I'm done, I export the file "Export Using Quicktime Conversion" and export to .mov using the ProRes422(HQ) codec and select "Deinterlace" when that is an available option, then take the .mov file through MPEG Streamclip again to convert the .mov to an .MP4 file (with deinterlace selected) at 1080p to upload to youtube.

Return to posts index

Mabel Lau
on Jul 13, 2012 at 8:13:30 am

Try using Compressor to export your video to ProRes 422, using Quicktime Conversion will darkens your video quite a bit.

Return to posts index

Nicklaus Greggsen
on Jul 13, 2012 at 4:20:12 pm

let me clarify, the video gets visibly darker from one frame to the next when the text comes onscreen - I am not 100% convinced that's it, because the video darkens while the text is there and then lightens once the text effect ends.

Return to posts index

Nicklaus Greggsen
on Jul 16, 2012 at 8:53:47 pm

i'll try exporting using compressor though and see if that solves the problem

Return to posts index

everton sebben
on Apr 8, 2014 at 12:19:38 am

Man, im having the exactly same problem here. Did you find any answer yet? \\o//

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]