FORUMS: list search recent posts

SCREENING PROGRAM/ organizing program that uses FCP batch list files/ some other way

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Travis Hoggard
SCREENING PROGRAM/ organizing program that uses FCP batch list files/ some other way
on Jul 10, 2012 at 5:53:37 pm

Long time reader, first time poster here.

I'm looking for an application to either:

A- Automatically rearrange my captured scratch folder structure to that of my FCP bin structure

OR

B- A screening application (for the writers/ producers who don't have FCP) that will look at my FCP bin structure and clip naming and allow them to easily view the captured footage in an organized manor.

I'm look for one or both of these options because:

I have everything WITHIN FCP7 captured an organized beautifully, but the capture scratch FOLDER (on the finder level) is just thousands of clips with no real organization to them. I have writers and producers who need to screen all the footage and write the script with clip names and/or folder names within the script so the editor can quickly work his magic. The only problem is that they don't have FCP (to enjoy my organizational skills) and must search through thousands of unorganized clips on the finder level.

I would assume that something like this exists or is possible using FCP batch list files or XML.

Any Ideas Guys?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: SCREENING PROGRAM/ organizing program that uses FCP batch list files/ some other way
on Jul 10, 2012 at 8:29:52 pm

Capture and import all your footage. Then organize it on the FINDER level into folders and whotnot...the way you like it. Then import those folders into FCP. Then you will match exactly.

organize first in the finder....then FCP.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]