FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media is randomly going offline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Bauman
Media is randomly going offline
on Jul 10, 2012 at 3:41:31 pm

For some reason, my Sony NEX VG10 as of a few months ago now refuses to show any of its content on its memory when I connect it to my mac. The ONLY way to get footage off of it is to log and transfer into FCP pro. So that's what I end up doing.

A few days ago, as I was compressing files, I noticed that the FCP project I was working on started having clips go offline in my timeline.

My scratch disks are set to a LACIE external hard drive with at least a terabyte left of memory on it. I don't know why the external would be messing up as it's fairly new.

Today I opened up a different project, to discover that magically, most of my media had completely disconnected and gone offline. Trying to reconnect doesn't seem to be an option as I logged and transferred these clips and I can't seem to find them when I look in my folder with all my assets.

If anyone has any advice on this I'd appreciate it. This is pretty exhausting and never used to happen. Everything I'm working with equipment wise was purchased in the last 2 years and I've never had problems like this all at once.

In the future I will log and transfer, export as a self contained quicktime movie and then import that into my timeline before working on a project because this seems tremendously ridiculous

-David

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Media is randomly going offline
on Jul 10, 2012 at 4:56:23 pm

Make sure your hard disks are not set to spin down. How are you connecting your drives? FW800/eSata recommended. USB, don't even think about it!

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]