FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro 7 - File Error: Wrong Type

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Isaac Springall
Final Cut Pro 7 - File Error: Wrong Type
on Jul 9, 2012 at 8:41:54 pm

I have a final cut pro file that I have been working on lately but upon re-opening it I have received the dreaded "File Error: Wrong Type" error message. I know this issue has been posted many times before and I have read through numerous threads that give a sort of "quick fix" for it ie. opening it in Text Edit and saving it as something new and then replacing the file extension. But I am wondering if anyone out there has a more permanent solution as this error is becoming a major nuance when done on a daily basis, not to mention confusing the file structure for one of the old project files.

Any kind of a more permanent fix would be a great help and a time saver on my end.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Eric Bouquio
Re: Final Cut Pro 7 - File Error: Wrong Type
on Mar 20, 2014 at 5:56:41 pm

Yes. If anyone has a permanent fix for this problem we would greatly appreciate it.

Return to posts index

Donny Rowles
on Apr 4, 2014 at 9:11:44 pm

Hi Eric,

Did you come across a permanent fix to your "wrong file type" problem in FCP 7?
I'm facing the same thing.
Mine started acting weird when I transferred all my files (3T worth) from one drive (a WD MY STUDIO that was acting up) to another (A WD MY BOOK LIVE DUO - which is now acting up.)

Were you using WD drives by any chance?

Return to posts index

Donny Rowles
on Apr 4, 2014 at 5:56:29 pm

Hi Isaac,

I have come across the same issue you had with being unable to open .fcp files. It all happened after transferring all my files from one WD drive MY BOOK) to another one (MY BOOK LIVE DUO) - did you ever find a solution to your problem? Did you find that if you tried to copy your screwed up .fcp files to another drive - they were still screwed up?

I'm debating whether I should consider all my FCP project files on that particular drive as "basically worthless - and literally try to quarantine that drive - start new with another one.

What do you think?

BTW - do some brands of External drives work better with Macs? I'm using a Mac and this problem is occuring on a WD drive - I haven't seen this on other drives- what kind of drive are you using?

Thanks,
Donny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]