FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7: Takes 10+ min to read project file / Possible Pluraleyes Issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Lester
FCP 7: Takes 10+ min to read project file / Possible Pluraleyes Issue
on Jul 9, 2012 at 7:36:05 pm

Hey gang,
I'm working on a big project (big as in space. Currently sitting just under 800GB) and have been running into searching/location/loading issues. The entire project is DVCPRO HD 720p60 codec and uses 10+ multiclip files (All close to an hour long, if not more). So, I've been using Pluralyes to sync and multiclip....meaning there's about 100GB worth of reference quicktimes

I needed to pass the torch on the project, so I copied the file directory onto an external drive, tested it, then handed it off to a coworker. His machine (which is at least 4x faster than mine) was taking more than half an hour to open the project file! (Which is only 73MB) And once open, he had to manually reconnected the majority of the files. Given, the later is probably a user-disorganization-error on my part, but the thing that baffled me was the load time needed to simply boot up the project file. And if FCP unexpectedly quit, it took just as long to reopen.

Question: with a project this size (almost 800GB) is it possible that using such a large amount of multicliping and reference quicktimes could be the main cause of the lag? If not, what are some general issues that cause FCP to take so long to read and boot project files?

Thanks,
-J

Return to posts index

Astrid Karlsson
Re: FCP 7: Takes 10+ min to read project file / Possible Pluraleyes Issue
on Jul 10, 2012 at 9:26:09 am

Hope you don't mind me chipping in when I don't have the answer, but wanted to add I have similar problems. I have used plural eyes to make lots of long, reference QT's of sync'ed interviews and reckon that might be part of the reason - but haven't had time yet to debug the project.

My project takes about 5 minutes to load and is 38MB.

MacBookPro 2.2 GHz intel core duo/ 6 GB RAM / GeForce 8600M GT
Mac Pro 2.8 Quad / Nvidia Quadro 4000 / 12 GB RAM / OSX 10.7
Hackintosh 3.41 i7 / AMD Radeon HD 6870 /16 GB 1 / OSX 10.7

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]