FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut losing very last frame of audio o 23.98 sequence

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Walker
Final Cut losing very last frame of audio o 23.98 sequence
on Jul 6, 2012 at 11:53:44 pm

Editor here, getting a movie ready for tape layback and I'm scratching my head. I have an audio file that was synced to a 23.98 film and has a tail pop on the last frame. When played outside of Final Cut, i.e. in iTunes or ProTools, we can hear the tail pop. But when I import it into my timeline, the file is exactly 1 frame shorter, and the frame with the tail pop is lost. My white flash frame for visual reference is exactly one frame past the end of the audio file where the mixer says the pop should be.

We spot checked the film and we are 100% in sync through the entire film, so it's not a slippage issue or anything. Everything matches up to the frame, it's just that the very last frame is gone.

After back-and-forthing it with the sound mixer, we can't seem to find the reason for this. I think it has to do something with the frame rate of the sequence, because I created a dummy sequence at 29.97 and I could hear the tail pop. hmm...

Our work around of course would be to add an audio slug at the end to allow for the extra frame to come in, but the sound mixer has been doing this for many many years and says this is the first time he's encountered this, and has always ended his audio on the tail pop without need of any handles. Has anyone else ever had this strange issue? Is this a Final Cut glitch perhaps?

Working in Final Cut 7.0.1 on a dual quad intel, 16 GB ram system.

Thanks all

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]