FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing h.264, subtitling, exporting HQ Apple ProRes

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andre Pedrosa
Importing h.264, subtitling, exporting HQ Apple ProRes
on Jul 2, 2012 at 11:57:15 pm

Good evening, everyone,

It`s the first time for me posting here, though I consult these fora for a long time now. It has always been usefull, and I want to thank everyone who regularly contributes here: you saved my skin more times than I can count... :)

I`m currently subtitling a movie, in FCP 7.0.3. It`s format is:
Dimensions: 854v480
Codecs: Linear PCM, H.264
Color Profile: HD (1-1-1)
Duration: 01:13:43
Audio Channels: 2
Total bit rate: 7,220

I created a project with these settings. Now, everytime I drag a subtitle to the timeline, I need to render it. Why is that? Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

And then, when I render, the playback is affected. The video "bounces" a the end of every subtitle. I exported a bit of it (quick time, current settings) and the problem still exists (actually, it`s worse)

And, finally, in the end, I must creat a movie HQ Apple ProRes movie in the(subtitled). Should I start over with different settings? What am I doing wrong here??

Thanks in advance! I`m really desesperate, since I only have two days to finish everything. (and as you can see, I`m quite new to FCP)

Also, excuse me for any errors, I`m not a native english speaker.

Return to posts index

Andre Pedrosa
Re: Importing h.264, subtitling, exporting HQ Apple ProRes
on Jul 3, 2012 at 12:04:50 am

I probabilly should add that I`m creating subtitles through the in-buitl text generator. Also, I`m thinking that maybe I should convert the original clip to the output format I want, create a new project with these output settings and work it in it`s "final" form. Is this gonna solve/help in anything? Thanks everyone.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jul 3, 2012 at 1:04:11 am

As a regular reader I am surprised you haven't seen the often repeated mantra of H264 is not a FCP friendly codec or that standard frame sizes as well as editing codecs are the best way to have FCP behave.

Convert your file to ProRes and a standard frame size. 720 x 480 anamorphic is the closest. Then add titles and then you can export using current settings.

Return to posts index

Andre Pedrosa
on Jul 3, 2012 at 1:11:27 am

Well, the thing is, I only now started working with FCP (I worked with Vegas until now). I hope that explains it...

Thank you for your explanation. I will try to do just that. And will report on the outcome! :)

Best regards!

Return to posts index

Andre Pedrosa
on Jul 3, 2012 at 2:15:20 pm

Well, I'm glad to say that it did the trick. :) Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]