FORUMS: list search recent posts

Automatic Duck 1080p 29.97 FCP sequence into Avid 5.5

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Parisa Rezvani
Automatic Duck 1080p 29.97 FCP sequence into Avid 5.5
on Jul 2, 2012 at 6:48:37 pm

Hi all,

I have a question for you regarding the painstaking transfer of a FCP sequence into Avid, since the editor on this project wants to work in Avid instead of FCP. The original FCP sequence is in 1080p 29.97. And the project we want to make in Avid is also going to be at 1080p 29.97 since much of our original footage is in that format, except for some we are going to bring in which is in 23.98. I've been reading that Automatic Duck is the best way to move over to Avid, but AD doesn't have the option of making an AAF in 1080p 29.97. The thing is we are only using the sequence as a reference because I'm planning on AMA linking all the original footage and the editor is going to build a new sequnce. At the same time, we would still like to have the original FCP sequence as reference to where the footage is cut. So I would need to be able to relink the footage in Avid.

Since I didn't see the 1080p 29.97 option in Automatic Duck, I've been experimenting with the different options in AD and bringing them into different project settings in Avid. So far, two of my Avid projects, one 23.98 and using a AAF from AD with the option of AMA linking to footage; and the other Avid project in 29.97 and using AAF with the option of creating MXF in 1080p 23.98, in both, I haven't been able to relink the footage in the sequence. Does anyone know the best way to bring in the sequence and be able to relink the footage into the sequence?

Thanks for reading my post!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]