FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't Find 3 Hr Sequence - Many Months of Work

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joe zabrosky
Can't Find 3 Hr Sequence - Many Months of Work
on Jul 1, 2012 at 4:28:32 am

Hi,

I right clicked the sequence tab and clicked close tab like I always do. I noticed that the sequence did not show up in the browser like it usually does. This sequence was what I save the project as. I never have closed the tab in the timeline for this sequence, but I had to divide the project into threes cause it was so big. I copied and pasted the last hour to a new sequence. After that I closed the main sequence by right clicking it as I explained above. When i was finished with the new 1 hour sequence I saved it as a different name than the original sequence was named.

Usually when I go to my external HD the 3 hr project is a FCP file on the HD that is not in a folder. But the file is no longer there. I have auto save on and I 'save all' after working on the project. When I go to my external and type the name of the large project it comes up in a folder. I open it but the sequence is not in the browser. It doesn't make sense that I would lose it just because I closed the tab as this has never happened before. It seems the real question is where would the sequence go when I closed the tab if it didn't go to the browser?

I've been working on this project for months. It's a movie. Please, any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
joe

joseph zabrosky

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Can't Find 3 Hr Sequence - Many Months of Work
on Jul 1, 2012 at 8:53:09 am

Have you tried to open any of the projects on the Autosave vault?
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

joe zabrosky
Re: Can't Find 3 Hr Sequence - Many Months of Work
on Jul 4, 2012 at 5:10:07 pm

Rafael,

Thanks for your help!

I was able to find my project and broke it up into 3 one hour parts. Still experienced system very slow and crashing a lot. so I listened to Apple and cleaned up HD. In the process I deleted about 4 apps that I didn't think had anything to do with FCP. Since I've done that and ran a defrag of the HD FCP won't open any of my projects. I get "This project is unreadable or may be too new for this version of Final Cut" or "Wasn't able to open project"

I'm thinking I need to uninstall my whole system as in the aps I deleted - garage band and I forgot the others - small programs that I think FC must have used relative to the path of my files in FC. What are your thoughts? If I uninstall I take it there are precautions so as not to lose projects. I have FCP the version before the last version, have a Mac OSx 10.6.8, 2.16 GHz INtel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAm. My project files are on external HDs. What do you think?

Thanks,
joe

joseph zabrosky

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]