FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 relinking question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Edwards
FCP 7 relinking question
on Jun 30, 2012 at 1:19:38 pm

I have a project where I have a media managed version but want to link back to the non media managed footage as the 2 second handles are not enough (doing major edits). This has actually worked surprisingly well (although time consuming as I have to locate each clip manually). My question is after manually relinking does FCP remember the new media file names so if I move the non media managed media will relinking be easy.

For example I have a clip called bob and the media managed media was called bob-1. I can manually link to the non media managed media (called bob). If I then move the bob media and reconnect the media will FCP look for bob or bob-1?

Ben

--
Ben Edwards - Freelance Picture Editor
http://www.funkytwig.com

Macpro1,1 2007 6GB RAM 2*2 3Ghz Xeon

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: FCP 7 relinking question
on Jun 30, 2012 at 6:12:19 pm

Bob.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 30, 2012 at 7:10:27 pm

If you media managed and the new files are not exactly the same length as the originals...if they are selects with handles...those will not relink to the original full-sized clip without third party app help.

You've said you've done this before without issue?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ben Edwards
on Jul 2, 2012 at 12:09:57 pm

Yes, seems to work fine. It does complain about media start/end but it seems as long as the media in the clip exists in the media file it relinks, even if the media is longer.

I do have to locate the clips manually but as I said in the MM project if the blip is called bob-1 then I try the fill clip called bob and it works.

Ben

--
Ben Edwards - Freelance Picture Editor
http://www.funkytwig.com

Macpro1,1 2007 6GB RAM 2*2 3Ghz Xeon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]