FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bpav for FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brendan leenders
Bpav for FCP7
on Jun 30, 2012 at 5:30:59 am

Gday
I ended up joining here because it sounds like there are a lot of great professionals that are willing to help...

HELP IM STUCK

Using Mac OSX tiger (i know never updated)
FCP 7

I for the likes of me cannot get these damn BPav files imported into FCP.. i have a feeling i downloaded the wrong files from sony.

Can someone be so kind enough to point me into the right direction of which drivers and progs i am needing.

If no longer supporting the older systems, i can get access to a machine with Lion and FCP X

cheers
Brendan

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Bpav for FCP7
on Jun 30, 2012 at 6:28:21 am

First thing you do when shooting tapeles...ANY form of tapeless...is back up the FULL card. Not some small folder that have the video files, the full card. So please tell me the full card was backed up. Without the full card...using this footage with ANY NLE will be tricky.

Once you do that... well, am I right in assuming this is XDCAM-EX footage? I think that's the only format with BPAV. OK, if you have the full card, then you need to download the Sony XDCAM Transfer Utility and use that...or the XDCAM log and transfer utility and use that:

http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/micro-xdcam/resource.downloads.bbsccms-assets-...

If you want to use Log and Transfer...then I have a tutorial for you...

http://library.creativecow.net/ross_shane/tapeless-workflow_fcp-7/1

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

brendan leenders
on Jun 30, 2012 at 7:59:29 am

Yes it was the Sony XDCAM sorry.
And yes, i copied the whole card.

Just realised its FCP5 not 7 - is this still possible ?

argh

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 30, 2012 at 8:21:24 am

Sorry...no. FCP 5 cannot work with this format at all. That format was introduced years after FCP 5 was released. FCP 5 doesn't do XDCAM. It doesn't do ProRes. So you cannot convert that footage on that machine to work with your version of FCP.

Well, I don't know about that really, not sure if it will work on that machine. You can try the XDCAM Transfer Utility to convert the footage...well, wrap the footage to a QT file. But then you'd need to convert it to a format FCP 5 works with. And your choices are limited. Uncompressed HD will keep the full raster dimensions of it, but that requires a very fast RAID to play back (firewire won't cut it). Or you can convert to DVCPRO HD...but that will cause a bit of quality loss as you go from full raster 1920x100 to ultra thin raster 1280x1080.

IF you can get it to work. That's a very outdated editing system...and a pretty current camera format. They might not mesh at all.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Jun 30, 2012 at 10:31:57 am

Yeap.
XDACAM is supported from FC.6.2 on, and although you can install FC.6 on Tiger, not sure if the SONY software you need (Clip Browser and Transfer tool) will work on that system.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]