FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cinema Tools/Final Cut - Able to change clip name after batch capture?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Olinger
Cinema Tools/Final Cut - Able to change clip name after batch capture?
on Jun 29, 2012 at 7:43:33 pm

Hi,

I`ve been refreshing myself on Cinema Tools (did a super 16 short or two, a few years back as assistant editor, but mostly have done digital jobs since then).

I have gotten up to speed on the majority of the workflow again, from the manual, but I wanted to double check something.

Am I able to change the names of my clips in Final Cut 7 AFTER I have batch captured my telecined footage from tape and still maintain the relationship to the master clips in Cinema Tools for creating film lists for conform?

Last I remembered, only the source clip that Final Cut references on the drive needs to remain the same as the CT database, but I wanted to double check. I don`t have access to any of my old footage to test at the moment.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael Aranyshev
Re: Cinema Tools/Final Cut - Able to change clip name after batch capture?
on Jun 30, 2012 at 5:28:55 pm

As far as I remember you can change names of the clips. You can even change names of the files but at the cost of a lot of relinking both in CT and FCP to maintain the integrity of the database.

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: Cinema Tools/Final Cut - Able to change clip name after batch capture?
on Jul 3, 2012 at 8:26:58 am

it's been a while since i was using CT for film-based projects.

i tended to stick to the simple rule of keeping the names the same in three places: FCP, The Finder, and the CT database.
that way nothing can go wrong.

this means either NOT changing the names in FCP,
OR simply updating the names in all three places, which i is actually simple enough.

as there were often errors in slating, or in the logging & Capture done in the post house,
i found myself doing this re-name routine pretty much daily.

nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]