FORUMS: list search recent posts

Plugins still in effects despite deletion

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terence Lyons
Plugins still in effects despite deletion
on Jun 29, 2012 at 4:43:19 pm

I'm having a heck of a time deleting some plugins for FCP7. A relative borrowed my MBP and installed trials of FX Factory, Lucas Light, Softworks and Industrial Revolution. I have the Mac back and want them off and he's no where to be found (somewhere traveling). I uninstalled the FXfactory app from Applications and deleted all remnants of FXfactory from /Library/Application Support/Final Cut Pro/Plugins/. The other ones are not showing up un the Plugins folder. After deleting FXfactory, I rebooted the computer and restarted FCP. But it still showing in the Effects tab though. I have done searches for "FXfactory", "FX factory", "Sheffield" from the Macintosh HD level and nothing shows up. Is there someplace else where they may have been installed?

By the way, if it makes a difference, I do have the trial of FCPX installed as well.

Terence Lyons
FCP7, PPCS5.5, AE5.5, DW5, PS5.6
web, photo, film

Return to posts index

John Hudson
Re: Plugins still in effects despite deletion
on Jun 29, 2012 at 5:29:35 pm

I have had this issue before and had to dig into the FCP application's package contents. If you haven't done this before just...

- right click the application icon in the application folder.
- choose "show package contents"
- Select the contents folder and you will see 2 plug in folders. See if your files are there.
*They might be named something other than the plugin name. Like the company name or something.

****Be careful deleting. Make a copy of the FCP application first***

Return to posts index

Terence Lyons
Re: Plugins still in effects despite deletion
on Jun 30, 2012 at 5:47:06 am

Thanks. I can see how this would be a good solution. Though I tried it and while it appears at first to be deleting the FXFactory filters at first, when it gets to Noise Industrial it just hangs and then I have to Force Quit. So nothing gets deleted.

Terence Lyons
FCP7, PPCS5.5, AE5.5, DW5, PS5.6
web, photo, film

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]